Stitch Fix Unbox and Review... The First
Subscription boxes are all the rage now. (Did I just totally date myself by saying that? I feel like I did.) I mean come on, who doesn't love a package in the mail filled with AWESOME things? I am a pretty big fan of the idea and wanted to try a clothing subscription box. I chose Stitch Fix as my first clothing box and want to share my experience with you.
I have my vlog (bear with me, it was one of my first ever videos, I promise they will get better with time), but I also wanted to explain a few deets about Stitch Fix. You can read over the full facts: here.
1) Filling out your profile honestly, and thoroughly is going to be the best first step to get started and will clue your stylist in to what you want to see in your box that matches your unique, personal style.
2) You can pick how often you get your box delivered. Whether its every 2-3 weeks, every month, every other month or every three months, you get to set and change the frequency to meet your needs.
3) You will be charged a $20 styling fee... BUT that $20 styling fee gets to go towards anything you purchase in your box.
4) When your box arrives, try not to freak out with your over-excitement. Try everything on in the comfort of your own home, which is huge for me because I'm really not a fan of trying clothes on at the store.
5) Choose what you are going to keep. AND take this into consideration... you get a 25% discount when you keep all five items. As you will see in the video. This made a BIG difference in what I chose to keep. You will decide what to keep within 3 days of getting your box. Log into your account and rate your items as a part of checkout. This helps your stylist know what you liked, loved or didn't care for.
6) If you are sending anything back you will place it in the pre-paid mailer and put it in the mail. (I've since done this and it SO easy.)
I've found that as you give more feedback the items become even more customized to your liking, so if you don't love your first box, give it a chance and you might be pleasantly surprised. Also, you won't want to miss my upcoming post on Wardrobe Capsules and how you can incorporate your Fix into your seasonal capsule.
Happy styling and leave me your questions in the comments, I would love to answer any and all questions you have about this fix.